Hitachi SB8V2 3-Inch-by-21-Inch Variable Speed Belt Sander

Price:$262.00 Image: http:///image.php?id=B000Z45UMYBest deal: http:///index.php?id=B000Z45UMY

We purchased this belt sander to do the edges of the floor we were going to refinish. At first the sander seemed to work very well... but then, after about a half hour, the sander started to go through the sanding belts VERY QUICKLY! We would replace the belt and within less than 5 minutes of sanding, the belt was shredded on one side! Plus the design of the sander is such that the rollers cannot get under the cabinets at all. We returned it to the store of purchase, and instead bought a Black and Decker model that cost half as much money. That one was easy to get under the cabinets because of the slim design and the handle is able to move into a more upright position to allow you to get underneath things easily. There is much more flexibility with the Black and Decker model. Plus we only used one belt on the sander to do the edges of the whole floor and didn't have any trouble with belt tracking or blow outs! So don't buy this Hitachi belt sander unless you have a knack with using belt sanders that we just don't know about? This belt sander seems to be well made, but the motor is mounted to the left of center. This causes an unbalance which translates to uneven application of the sanding belt on the wood. To use this sander, you must apply a torque on the handle to counterbalance this tendency. Seems to be an old design - one I remember from the 60's when I bought my first belt sander from Sears. I recommend you do not purchase this unit.

3" x 21" belt sander. 8.7A. No load low speed 1180 FPM. No load high speed 1475 FPM. Belt size: 3" x 21". Dust collection, dust sealed switch. 10.8 lb. 2 speed. Includes dust bag and No. 939742, 3" x 21" 80 grit sanding belt.

ACCESSORIES:

SAIT 60610 Closed Coat Aluminum Oxide 3-Inch x 21-Inch LA-X 120 Grit Sanding Belt - 10 Pack:http:///index.php?id=B000FEHLE4 SAIT 60607 Closed Coat Aluminum Oxide 3-Inch x 21-Inch LA-X 60 Grit SandingBelt - 10 Pack:http:///index.php?id=B000FEFTYI SAIT 60608 Closed Coat Aluminum Oxide 3-Inch x 21-Inch LA-X 80 Grit SandingBelt - 10 Pack:http:///index.php?id=B000FEDWKQ SAIT 58203 Closed Coat Silicon Carbide 3-Inch x 21-Inch C-W 120 Grit SandingBelt - 10 Pack:http:///index.php?id=B000FEDW6U SAIT 58204 Closed Coat Silicon Carbide 3-Inch x 21-Inch C-W 150 Grit SandingBelt - 10 Pack:http:///index.php?id=B000FEJFNY

Reply to
Asiedu

killthespammerATusenetmonsterDOTcom

Reply to