My Screaming Yellow '05 GT

Hopefully this will work and some pictures will show up! Disregard the fishing pics.

I *love* this car, even if it is in the shop right now getting a brand new transmission.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

Reply to
JohnH

Nice car and fish also. lol what happened to the trans? Best of luck with it. excobra boy

Reply to
cobra boy

At slow speeds when I shifted or applied and released the accelerator I would get a 'thunk' which sounded like play in the drive train. The dealer called Ford and was told to just replace the trans, not to try to fix it.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

Reply to
JohnH

Very nice John; Mustang's not that bad either! ;-) I'd almost be jealous if I wasn't installing a SuperCharger plus other performance mods in my beast this March ;)

Sorry to hear 'bout the transmission, hopefully this will be the only problem you encounter.

Jeff

01 GT FIPK
Reply to
Jeff M

I simply can't stand how beautiful the new Mustangs are. Congrats.

JohnH wrote:

Reply to
pawn, loathesome, credible

JohnH opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Man, i like that yellow!

Side note: Came up behind a v6 tonight on the street, after dark, and it was like deja vu, back to the 60's.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Rein

Thanks all. I appreciate the kind words.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

Reply to
JohnH

Great looking car except for the wheels. UGH! I would personally get new wheels pronto!

Reply to
punk-tilous

Haven't seen any I like better. One criteria is that they must be easy to clean. Also, I don't like chrome. Any suggestions?

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

Reply to
JohnH

Tell us about the transmission - This worries me - Is this the same tranny as in the 04?

John

Reply to
John Shepardson

John, almost everyone likes the standard Bullitt wheels better than the optional polished aluminum wheels. Someone's selling a set (w/tires) on Ebay now for $500 or so. That's basically free wheels if you consider the tires are worth around $500. Then use the wheels you have with snow tires in the winter... ;-)

-Bill J.

95 GT
Reply to
Bill Jones

Those *are* some nice wheels! Maybe my kids will get them for my 65th birthday. Thanks for the tip.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

Reply to
JohnH

I'm not sure if it's the same as the '04. The transmission in the '05 is the TR3650 5-Speed Manual. The sounds I heard were there when I picked up the car, not something that developed after lots of miles. There's not much more I can tell you, except that Ford is wanting the transmission back quickly. (The service manager told me that.)

I'll try to keep you posted. Have you heard any strange noises from yours?

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

Reply to
JohnH

Here's a pic of my new '64 yellow ponycar. It had some transmission problems too....but I just popped a gear back into place and it runs fine now. ;)

Hava Goodun and congrats on the new car.

DP Pics of the cars:

Dinsdale

Couldn't get the link to work. Maybe corral.net was down. Will try later.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

Reply to
JohnH

Hey John, Love the new Yellow 05, Now get yourself over to

and join the club. Dont forget to sign up for the forums too. Oh and this goes for all you other Yellow Mustang Owners in the group.

Ryan

Reply to
Ryan West

Thanks again for all the great ideas. I'm down to PONY V8, EQUUS GT, or HEE YAA.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

Reply to
JohnH

How about 05YRPNY

Reply to
Gumby

Cute, but it sounds like I'm trying to get others to buy a new pony. Is that what you meant?