problem with front left wheel

The other day I went over a speed bump really fast, didn't know it was there.. Now the front left wheel is making some noise, and binding up on something.. sometimes like a metallic squeal, other times a grinding groan.. Very noticeable from say 0-10mph, but above that only an occasional squeak. I can't work on the car here as I live in a very strict apartment building, but I jacked the wheel up. It has no side to side play, and turning from side to side doesn't make a difference so I ruled out a cv joint. The strut, and spring are fine also. I don't really feel it in the brake pedal either so I ruled out a broken caliper bolt or anything like that. I'm guessing it's gonna be the wheel bearing?? Anyone have any input on this? How much would it be to fix if that's what it is, or how difficult is it to do yourself?

Thanks!

Reply to
woods2073

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 16:11:15 -0800, woods2073 rearranged some electrons to form:

Especially since Mustangs are rear wheel drive.

Reply to
David M

The first thing you might do is take it to a tire shop and have them check to see if you bent the rim.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Yea, and have those CV joints inspected ASAP!

Reply to
Mark C.

Check to see if the noise maker on the brake pad isn't contacting the rotor.

Reply to
ironrod