Factory vs. Aftermkt mufflers - documents on quality

Does anyone know of a survey showing just how bad aftermarket mufflers are ?

I need to have a '99 Max muffler replaced as part of collision work. I know the Insurance company will try to go cheap (already doing that on the body parts... but that's another post). Anyone seen any charts, graphs, independent reports - anything that will help me justify the cost of a factory muffler. I _know_ they are better and last longer, but I need something in writing from an independent source.

Reply to
Retro Bob