odometer LCD shuts off

When I started up my 98 Frontier today, I noticed the odometer LCD was totally blank. After about 5 miles (how would I know) it came back on, and displayed normally. Then, after work, it was initially on, then shut off again, for 4-5 minutes. Two questions: Do they ever go out entirely? What is a ball park figure to have it replaced or repaired?

Any information would help.

Thanks,

Robert A. Cunningham

Reply to