95 Nissan Maxima misfiring at 2000rpms exactly after overheating

The other day my 95 nissan maxima starting jerking and I looked down and it was overheating. I pulled over and that's when it started smoking. Once I replaced the hose that was cracked, filled up on the coolants and water I thought everything was fine. Now I can't go above 2000rpms exactly or the car just jerks and will not accelerate. The mechanic told me to use this spray to dry off connectors in case the anti-freeze covered them. That didn't work, then I took the cover off where the spark plugs are and took out all 3 cartridges and they were fine. The mechanic thought maybe the antifreeze got in there. Now I need some advice...what else should I check?? Thank you for any help you can give me at this point....I'm at a loss.

Reply to
vln

Try replacing the pressurized gas cap. Get the correct one - mine said "pre-vented." Made my 92 SE stop all that rough running immediately. See my post from today 9/6/2004 at 12:23 AM.

Reply to
NetComputerGuy

I saw this little blurb on the air-flow meter anemometer over on:

the symptoms are very much similar. Hope it helps.

regards bob

Reply to
gen1

That's a good link. You may also want to try, before shelving out $200 for the MAF, electrical parts cleaner from radio Shack. Take that spray can and blast it all over the MAF to help it clean itself. If that doesn't work, replace it.

CD

Reply to
Codifus

My car is doing the same thing, though I had no trouble with antifreeze. Look at my posting on Aug 31st. Please let me know if you solve the puzzle. thanks, Ed

Reply to
Nottingham