REmote

I have a 2000 Maxima GLE and the range of the remote is getting very short - sometimes it barely works standing right next to the car. Yes, I have replaced the battery in the remote (twice). Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

Reply to
Chris F

I assume you only have one remote (so you have no way to determine whether the problem is with the remote or the in-car alarm module). Since you've already tried replacing the battery, your best bet is to get another remote (try Ebay - they go fairly cheap) and program it to your car (actually program your car to it, but that's not relevant at this point) and see if you get better range from it.

If the 2nd remote behaves the same way, perhaps the antenna on the alarm-module inside the car has become unplugged (if that's even possible) or the module itself is faulty.

Cheers, Nirav

Reply to
njmodi

Some remotes may be helped if pried open, cleaned with electronics cleaner, resoldered. Add contact grease on battery contacts. Both my remotes main-sw were worn out, I replaced /soldered those with a mini-sw cannibalized from another electronics appliance circ board. The remote cover violent open/close slicing (with a knife) means that they both now look throw-cast handi-art, but who cares: I wont let anybody to peek into my pockets...

Similar 'cleanup' may renew the receiver module. I soldered 5ft wire extension to antenna wire (installed under door seals) and got twice the range on my teen aftermarket alarm. (Oxidation may be a problem - check page 14, see below)

Reply to
Wiikinki

Thanks for the replies. Where is the receiver module located, I couldn't see mention of it in manuals?

Reply to
Chris F

Thanks for the replies. Where is the receiver module located, I couldn't see mention of it in manuals? The ManUals: index is found from A-section, Alarm/Remote = S etc...

Who could (?) bypass japanese manual inventing girls in being even remotely smart-err... maybe the chihilton comic books? Still its no laughin matter to let blondies translate & make manuals.

My guess is (?) "Smart Entrance ctrl unit" pages EL-310, EL-342, Multi-Remote Relay EL-340 ...in the 2k manual.

Reply to
Wiikinki