SES light still on

I have a 2000 GXE and got the P1320 code when I went to emissions. I changed the ignition coils but I still get the SES light on. Is there a way to clear the system or do I need to take it someplace to have it turned off.

Help!

Reply to
pmar65

It will reset itself after a prescribed number of starts if the problem that caused the light to come on does not recur. It can also be reset by a Nissan consult tool or by a strange sequence of actions (key on, key off, press and release gas pedal, etc.). Someone with the FSM for that car can tell you the sequence.

Have you checked that the code it is holding now is still the one you saw before?

Reply to
E Meyer

Reset: take batt cable off for 30mi

Reply to
Wiikinki

Go to Autozone and they will have the OBD-II tool to reset it for ya. I went ahead and bought the tool for $150 as Christmas gif for myself ;-)

If the SES comes back, it should throw in a new code.

Reply to
cmdrdata