P1320 Code on 2000 Maxima

I have a 2000 Maxima with 98K miles. The SES light has lit three times within the last month. A code puller indicated P1320, no other codes. Since it was close to the time to replace the plugs, I replaced them. The old plugs looked good. A week or so later the SES light comes on again, once again the code puller read a single P1320. I reset the codes and continued driving. Last week the SES light comes on again, this time with TWO P1320 codes. I then used the procedure outlined in a Haynes manual to check each of the coils (resistance check across two of the coil leads using alternating polarities) and all coils check out just fine.

At around 60K miles the SES light came on with a P1320 AND a P0302. At that time I replaced the coil on #2 cylinder.

My question is:

Does the lack of a second code that would indicate a particular cylinder's coil failure mean that there is some other ignition component failing? Or can I still have a bad coil? Is there some 'deeper' level of codes that only a dealer / repair shop can access that gives more data about the failure?

Thanks for any help.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Jones

John Smith

i hav a p1320 code and prepared to buy new coils.

dumb question, i have no idea how to get to them.

can someone help???

Reply to
bobn