tranfering warrenty from one owner to the next

I bought a 2001 max SE with 8,000 miles on it. the person I bought it from was the orignal owner. do I have to have him do anything to get the warrenty transfered? or if I have a problem do I bring it to nissan and tehy check my mileage, and as long as I'm under 36k I'm covered? if somethign has to be done, what do I have to do? thanks

-Slick Nick

Reply to
habibe99

Call Nissan customer service with your VIN number and register as the new owner (I don't have the number handy). I bought a 2001 I30 last month and did the same, no problems. It has been to the local Infiniti dealer twice for warranty repairs with no hassles (so far). Of course they will try and sell you their overpriced services, just say no thanks.

Reply to
snappytom