205 Gti Sunroof Leak

My sunroof is leaking. The water runs into the sunroof locking mechanism and then drips through the release button on to my seat. If I open the roof I get a shower when I open the lock.

Any advise on how to stop it wouuld be appreciated.

Reply to
Krilb

Are you sure this water is leaking through the sunroof? This is usually caused by water leaking through the base of the aerial. Some silicone sealant will fix this.

Reply to
ric

On my 205 the leak was due to water coming in around the two pegs holding the sunrrof handle onto the glass - some clear silicone sealant around the pegs on the outside of the glass cured it.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

That's exactly what happened to my Peugeot 309 GTi, found that smearing a little silicon sealant round the pins and re assembling fixed the problem.

Reply to
Piggy

Thanks ric. I have done it and will test it in the morning and tell you how it went.

Reply to
Krilb

That's exactly it. I will seal it. Many Thanks

Reply to
Krilb