307 SE HDi CD changer....

I can see from a few posts on here and also from trawling the internet that the CD changer in a 307 isnt the best bit of kit going by a long way.

however... my fathers pug has said player which has now given up the ghost. He uses backup copies of cd's in there, and as stated in the handbook shouldnt be used.

It appears he will need to take the unit back to the dealer for replacement, however, how do we get the CD's out of there before hand?

Any help would be appreciated.

Richard.

Reply to
richard morgan via CarKB.com

It shouldn't make any difference to what CD's are in there frankly, but this is what I did to my fathers Volvo to release the changer after it got 'stuck'...

Take the head unit out, enough to get to the wires, Pull the power out of the back, press and hold 'eject' on the changer whilst plugging back in the stereo power.

You will need the code though, and I'm not sure if these instructions will work on the 307 unit...

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

No codes required on the 307, audio devices are "factory programmed in" and are vehicle specific - ie they cannot be used in another vehicle without reprogramming by a main dealer.

Reply to
Nick (UK)

very true they are programmed to the vin number

Reply to
Mindwipe

..you could do what I did (I hope they're the same model, from a late '02 307 XSi) which was: a) Take the unit out at least 2 inches (I pulled it all the way out with the cables still connected - makes the job easier) b) Remove the front bezel - this is the plastic cover of the front of the unit, attached by 2 (or was it 4) quite short cross-head screws. They're quite small, so don't lose them! These are amongst the leaf springs which hold the unit in the dash. c) Take out the CDs with your fingers. :) d) replace bezel & return unit to the dashboard.

Far less hassle than waiting 2 months for my dealer to return the CD's from the manufacturer/repairers (which they did the previous time they replaced the unit).

...now to sort out the AM reception.... does anyone have any ideas?

Reply to
naJ

My CD Changer isn't working either, on my 53 plate 307 HDi XSi. It's a Blaupunkt model which takes 5 discs. All 5 lights are flashing and won't reject any discs but I managed to get 4 out of the 5 out using two credit cards to slide in the slot, one on top and one on the bottom and then clamp them together to slide them out. I haven't contacted my dealer yet...thinking they will say the CD Changer is only covered in the first year or will it be covered by the 3 year warranty?

Reply to
Gordon Evans

Its covered in the 3 year warranty.

Ive just had mine replaced on a '03 307.

Had to wait almost 2 months for a new one as there is a batch of faulty ones out there and demand is so great!

HTH.

John.

Reply to
John in Newbury

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 05:52:34 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named "John in Newbury" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Ditto (on a 53 plate).

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

modern units arent designed for good am reception they are designed for fm am i there to please people only dont expect good reception on am

Reply to
Mindwipe