Rev Counter Problem - 406 2.0 16v mk1

Hi, I would be extremely grateful if someone to help me out with a problem i have on my 96 406 2.0 16v.

Once the car is started the rev counter needle pops upto 2000rpm and when gentle revved goes to 2250 and no further... however when it is revved harder ie upto 5000rpmish the needle dips to 0rpm and once the revs settle it pops back to 2000rpm.

I am totally puzzled - please help

Thanks, Blackbaron

Reply to
Blackbaron

Hi does your 406 have problems when you are driving IE the car seems to splutter and lack of power.

Reply to
Richard Hartill via CarKB.com