307 radio/5 cd changer.

Hello there, my 307 5 multichanger has just died,been quoted silly money for a replacement,so ive decided to replace the lot(cassette deck & changer).my question is this,will a sony unit fit the 307 wiring without any probs(like it did on my 306).also is they a aftermarket plastic tray/panel available where the 5 cd changer used to fit.under the cassette...thanks...martyn.

Reply to
martyn malone

I think you might have a problem, my RD3 CD/Radio in my 307 died I was also quote silly money for a replacement. I tried replacing it with a standard ISO fit Blaupunkt, but because the 307 has some kind of computer system that use I beleave called "VAN-BUS" maybe mistake, but this cause my Blaupunkt to cut in and out saying that there is a phone call, also you may need an adaptor for the stalk control.

After speaking to peugeot you can get the computer reprogramed to allow you to use any standard ISO head unit, but they charge for the pleasure and I didn't wait around to find out how much after they told me it was =A3200 for the RD3 replacement.

Hope this helps

Reply to
wiltsboy

You should be able to pick up a second hand unit up from ebay with out any problems. Why not just buy a new Clarion or Blaupankt in dash changer (from your local auto shop - not from Peugeot dealership) and it should fit in without any problems. Everything should work as normal. Dan.

Reply to
tricky4000