406 L & R indicators flash together

Had this problem a couple of times before and have managed to clear it by disconnecting battery and resetting radio code.......Indicate left or right and all indicators flash at the same time. Also lights flash correctly when car is locked, but don't flash when alarm is armed. Any ideas please?

TIA

Peter

Reply to
PH13

If no-one comes up with a better answer, check for a bad earth on any of the four lamp units in question.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

Thanks for that Ron, but, because of the two symptoms, I think I need to find something electrical/electronic that is linking the left and right indicators. Strange thing is that out of 3 times this has happened, 2 of them have occurred around then M42/M6 junction......spooky or what?

Peter

Reply to
PH13

Up to you entirely, but bad earths have been playing tricks like this since before electronics, the M42 and the M6 were invented ;-)

BTDT GTTS

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

TOTALLY agree with you Ron!!

If it was my car, it would be the 1st thing to check!! Certainly, even if it isn't the problem, it is NOT going to cost anything or cause any other problems!!

Regards, John

Reply to
John J. Burness

Point taken.....open-minded mode on - heads of into sunset to check

Peter

Reply to
ph12