406 passenger window problem

HELP.

This is really getting to me now!!!

I bought a 406 2.0 HDI estate not so long ago, everything perfect except passenger electric window only went up on the passenger switch and down on the drivers switch. The problem slowly got worse until now it only goes up using either switch.

I took the door trim off and removed the motor, again it only goes up on both switches but is free to rotate so no seized motor, the window mechanism is also free as you can easily slide the window up and down by hand.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks guys.

Jerry. snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com

Reply to
XXXXX

Invest in the services of an auto electrician - I suggest you have no hope at all of finding a fault like this yourself.

Reply to
Peter

There was a quite different problem reported several times in this group - the driver's window ceased operating correctly. The fix was simple and worked for me - in fact the fault recurred and the same fix worked again. Do some searching in this group for details - something about holding the button down for 10 seconds after movement completed. I often advise people to try searches - not out of grumpiness but having learnt from experience in this and other groups. Any newsgroup is a unique and valuable store of information and wisdom. this post is an example.

Reply to
ken kerrison

Hi Ken.

Thanks for that, only problem is, how do you search for items that may go back some time. I only just started using these groups and am not very familliar with them.

Cheers.

Reply to
XXXXX

Hello,

Yes, that is to allow the system to "find" the "closed window" position, IIRC.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Hi Jerry,

You can use google groups - almost everything (excluding binaries (e.g. pictures)) is archived there. If you go to

and click on the link just above the search box labelled 'groups' it will take you to the google groups search. You can restrict the search to particular groups if you want.

Andy

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Correct. In fact you should find a box at the top of this page inviting searches in this group or all groups. This is very powerful. If I want to recall a post I made three years ago I just put in my name and one or two words on the subject matter or the year. Never fails.

Reply to
ken kerrison