Clarion CD Changer in 406

Hi,

I have just bought and installed a Clarion CD Changer for my 406 (99-), but the Clarion head unit seems to be ignoring it.

It's a second-hand changer so it may be broken, but I have heard that the Clarion (MUX) head unit may need re-initialising in order for it to talk to the changer. Does anyone know if this is the case? I contacted my local dealer to see if they could help and they confirmed that the unit would need initialising but want to charge me £40 for the work, which seems outrageous. So, my other questions are:

  1. Does this *have* to be done by a dealer? If not, how do you do it?
  2. Has anyone been through this before? If so, what did the changer do before the head unit was initialised? Could you eject the CD caddy?

Thanks,

Adrian.

Reply to
Adrian via CarKB.com

Hi adrian basically your vehicle has a b.s.i (central computer) this needs to be configurated to accept a multi-changer to present.Also the multi-function screen will need to be configured to accept a multi-changer .The multi-changer should still be powered -up as it is now but it's data will be ignored untill its recognised on the "van comfort network" by being configurated.The vehicle HAS to go to a main dealer to go on the diagnostic equipment for the job to be done .

Reply to
MARK B pug m.t. via CarKB.com

Thanks, Mark - a very clear and informative answer!

MARK B pug m.t. wrote:

Reply to
Adrian via CarKB.com

No worries mate anytime.