Gearbox oil filler

Hi today I fitted a cv boot (outer) but the driveshaft slipped out, I lost a bit of gearbox oil. I want to check the level and fill up if need be but I can't find the filler for the gearbox, anybody have any ideas? the car is a

93 Peugeot 306 diesel.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

If its anything like a 205 (and i suspect it is) there'll be a filler on the end of the gearbox. If you put the steering on full left lock, look at the end of the gearbox you'll see a large bolt (17 or 19mm i think) in the end of the casing, thats the filler plug. You basically fill it till it starts dribbling out of the hole.

HTH

-- Carl

------- Mk1 Toyota MR2 Pug 205 Dturbo

Carl Gibbs

On some cars the fill hole is actually where the speedo cable goes into the gearbox, this link (Mazda) may help a bit:

I'd recommend asking on a Peugeot specific forum if noone here knows for sure.

Reply to
Johnny

Beware it's not like some 405 boxes which have three plugs: filler, level, and drain. You fill it up through the top (filler) and then open the middle (level) plug and err .. drain to that level. Failure to do this means too much oil and soon a clutch running in oil. Cheers

Reply to
Wichita