CHECK ENGINE LIGHT - 1996 Sunfire

Question: The check engine light seems to come on often during this time of year when the outside temperatures range from a low of 50 to a high in the

70s (in Florida) and the humidity/morning fog is heavy. My mechanic checked the error and he says it was caused by a "mis-fire" on one of the plugs, consistent he says with the above mentioned weather conditions. He says some moisture could have gotten into the system. Sounds reasonable to me, but just curious if anyone hear has had this problem. Thanks for the input!
Reply to
CHARLIE MILLS

Fire it up at night and look at the engine as it idles. Look to see if you get any arcs from the plugs wires, cap, etc. Ordinarily humidy shouldn't be an issue unless your ignition system already has a problem and the damp makes it want to ground out easier from an existing problem.

Reply to
FBR

it wouldnt be a bad idea to replace your 10 year old wires ..lucas

ds549