Re: 97 grand am se ignition switch removal

I know exactly what you are saying: My 1997 Pontiac Grand Am is still doing the same thing. I even went as far as replacing the Neutral Safety Switch, that didn't work! I was told that that was what was wrong with it. Mine key hasn't gotten stuck in the ignition though. Right now the car is idle because I can't get it to turn over at all. What it is doing is turning to the point where the lights (dashboard) and the radio comes on, but the key won't turn over to start the car, so I thought that it was the (well, I was told) NSS. Could it be the same problem that you are having? Thank you in advance

Reply to
Nahnee

if it turns easily to the point the accesories come on, i would suspect the ignition switch. you can remove the key lock assembly and then operate the keyswitch manually with large screwdriver or needlenose pliers to see if it works all the way or not...... or remove ignition switch and try it manually that way. lucas

ds549

Lucas, thank you very much, I will try this. Any advice is great advice in this situation. Thank you in advance Melissa

Reply to
Nahnee