roof interior sagging

How do I repair the sagging interior of the roof.

A good portion of it is sagging above my head.

Thanks for any help

Reply to
SuperStarr

Peel down the offending headliner section and use 3M adhesive spray to reattach it. Do NOT use anything other than the 3M spray - I have used different headliner adhesives and nothing else holds! Use a putty knife with rounded edges or a similar tool to smooth the headliner back in place after sticking it back up.

- a l e x

Reply to
a l e x

I'm in the process of replacing my headliner. See post dated 7/2903 & titled > Headliner Coming Outeth !

What has happened is the foam between the fabric & backer board is dried up & has turned to dust, this causes the fabric to sag down.

Once is starts to sag, eventually the entire headliner will sag. Sooner if the vehicle is usually driven with all the windows open.

The 3M General Trim Adhesive - Clear - Part # 051135 - 080888. The label states,

DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT TO BOND HEADLINER FABRIC THAT HAS PULLED AWAY FROM ITS FOAM BACKING . THIS PRODUCT IS DESIGNED TO BOND FOAM BACKED HEADLINERS TO A BACKER BOARD.

Spraying the fabric to try to stick it back up onto what little foam is left or to the backer board I believe will cause the adhesive to bleed through the fabric.

I just bought 6 feet of headliner material at Jo Anne Fabric's for $17.84

The 3M adhesive is about $10 for a 16.25 oucne spray can.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~260,600 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face