TCC engage/disengage

Well, here is what is going on. I bought a 2006 Grand Prix GT in May. Since I have had it, it will from time to time disengage the TCC and immediately re-engage. This only occurs while cruising. It does not matter whether I just left for work or have driven a couple hundred miles. With that, of course, the tranny temp does not matter. This will occur at a wide range of cruising speeds as well. I can tell you that it seems to occur less when the ambient temp is lower. Not sure if the IAT effects the tranny control at all (other than effects to the TP). I am curious if anyone else has this issue. I almost wonder if it is bumping against the lower TP thershold for TCC dis-engage. If so, I would think I could easily google this issue. I almost forgot, there are no stored codes. I have cleaned the harness connectors. Brake switch is not the issue. Tranny fluid has been changed. Fluid level is correct. TFT is within TCC range. This occurs on level driving surfaces. It really is annoying, and no, it is not a miss. While cruising, the RPMs jump up a couple hundred, and immediately go back (as with TCC engagement) with no changes in speed. This happens very smoothly, but I can see it happen, so it bugs me. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
felbi

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Reply to
Shep