Con-FUSE-d

Actually, I'm not confused at all, just bemused by fuses in my 2004 Prius. One of the 12v outlets stopped working, and I found that its 15A fuse had blown. No big deal, I thought, I'll just head over to my local Pep Boys and buy an assortment of replacement fuses, right? Wrong. Toyota used a non-standard type of fuse that they don't carry and neither of the guys who were helping me had ever seen before.

I was able to get the fuse at the Toyota dealership, of course, but at a cost 49 cents, whereas a package of 20 standard mini blade fuses was $2-3 at Pep Boys and. Oh well, it's not as if the cost is going to break the bank...

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

AutoZone had them.

Bob Wilson

Reply to
Bob Wilson

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind if there's a next time.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

BTW, I was also amused to see that the illustration in my owner's manual shows a standard mini blade fuse, different than the actual fuse.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

Questions, Mike...

Which outlet stopped working? My underdash outlet is dead, but the one in the console works fine.

Where is that fuse located?

Do you know if there's anything else on the same circuit? I'd just short the fuse and put a simple inline fuseholder (using standard fuses, of which I have plenty) in the circuit.

Thanks

Reply to
Scrutiny

It was my underdash outlet, too.

Exactly where the owner's manual indicates. ;-)

Which is under the dash to the extreme left. You pretty much have to get down on the ground and look up to see it.

Again according to the manual, the fuse is specifically for that one outlet.

I just bought some fuses at the dealership when I went in for routine maintenance. And someone else said they're available at AutoZone.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg