Maintenace light

I had my 2004 Prius taken to the dealer a few months ago due to some "excess oil in the engine" which caused the engine to shutdown. Anyone has a similar problem occurred before? His explanation was not very clear to me. I am a bit of mechanically impaired, BTW.

Before the incidence, the car was parked on a very steep hill facing upward for over two days. When I first started the car I realized the average MPG and mileage it eh Performance display has reset itself. Would this be related to the problem?

Anyway, they recalibrated the engine and the car has been working normally since. The odo was about 5000 when I took to the garage, and was about 43 mpg (in the winter). Now that the temperature is creeping up, I have been averaging about 52-54 mpg. \ pac

Reply to
PacKat

It's been discussed in

and