Rover 75 diesel engine problem

Hi,

Has anyone had a problem with the Rover 75 diesel engine cutting out? It starts fine, you can drive it a few miles and then it cuts out. It will not start for a few minutes and then you can drive it again for a short distance. The longer you leave it, the longer you are able to drive it. Maybe a fuel problem?

Reply to
Jason

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:22:08 GMT, Jason assembled some one and zeroes in mesage id :

Might be the tank vent in the filler cap. When it cuts out try removing the filler cap and listen for the air rushing in. Or try running the engine with the filler cap off.

I also wndered about a blocked fuel filter but I am not really up on BMW diesel units.

Reply to
M.Pitt

Diesel 75's have a comon fault with the fuel pump inside the fuel tank failing.

Reply to
Jon

I have an MG ZT-T CDTi 135, which has been great since I bought it as a pre-reg in Sept 2004 (aside of the duff battery - see my posting earlier this month). I have had no probs. with the engine. I'd get down to your friendly MG Rover dealership ASAP if the car is still under warranty (and even if it isn't), as this could pose a serious hazard if it cuts out at the wrong time. Don't prolong, book it in tomorrow! They shouldn't have any hesitation in sorting it out for you, as I'm sure the dealership will be keen to retain your custom. Cheers, Paul

Reply to
Paul Tinker

"M.Pitt" wrote > On Mon, 24 Jan 2005

14:22:08 GMT

The fuel filter was my first guess too. I tried that last night and it didn't make a difference. I can't believe how easy they have made it to change these filters on the diesel engine. I was expecting to have to prime the line somehow at the very least. I also tried the filler cap this morning with no luck. I guess if it is nothing simple I will have to take it to the dealer. Thanks.

Reply to
Jason