Rover 75 V8

Hi, just received mailing from Rovernet. The new Rover 75 V8 / MG version is finally ready for production. In the text, a V8, 4.6 litre is mentioned. What engine is this? From the specs i would say the V8, like in the previous Range Rover, the old Buick V8 (3.5, 3.0, 4.0, 4.2, 4.6) Or is it a completely different engine? (Ford?)

Gr. iggy

Reply to
iggy

Ford 4.6 V8 engine. As used in the Mustang.

375bhp comes out later on. With a more extreme body. The 'standard' V8 looks pretty much like a regular Zt/Zt-t....

Reply to
Dan

It's a Ford engine as far as I know. Autocar have had a few snippets about it over the last year or so. It will come in various staes of tune from basic rover-ey grunt to manic supercharged excess in the MGSV supercar. I can't remember who is doing the tuning for it but they're an well known American tuning outfit.

Ian.

Reply to
Ian Wilson

In message , Dan writes

Shame on them! They should drag the old Rover V8 into the 21st Century and fit that. How about with quad-cam 32 valve heads and 4 wheel drive, now that would be awesome! Seriously though, it has been almost 2 years since I left Rover and they had been talking of a RWD Ford V8 ZT for months back then, we even had a few concept pictures sent to us. Is it really going to happen at last?

Al

--

Reply to
Al

The rover v8 is not theirs anymore, thats why...

Brian.

Reply to
Brian Gunn

In message , Brian Gunn writes