Rover 75 2.0L Diesel Turbo Hot Start Problem

Gentlemen, as above, my 2002 75 won't start when hot. It's fine when cold, but when hot often won't restart until it's cooled for 30 mins, which is very annoying. Dealer can't find anything wrong - I assume this motor must have a crank sensor or similar, which I'd suspect. Doesn't the ecu log fault codes for the dealer to read? All ideas gratefully received.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Ricketts

I have had seven break-downs in my Rover 75 diesel - the immediate cause of each was failure of the fuel pressure sensor in the common rail. It took ten months and the combined resources of three dealerships and MG/Rover technical department to arrive at the same solution that I had been pressing for for eight months - ie replacement of the combined HP fuel pump and pressure regulator. That was five weeks ago and the car is now running fine. Don't count on your dealer to fix this problem - they know less about Rover cars than you do. Try posting your problem on the Yahoo Rover75/MGZT owners forum:

Kev

Reply to
Uno Hoo!

Yes it has one- the crank sensor would be the first port of call on a dead when hot engine. When spinning the motor over on the starter, does the tacho needle jump at all? Its a usually a good indication of lack of primary ignition on a petrol engine- worth checking on a diesel.

The ECU does have a fault memory, but it doesnt know when you turn the key to crank, and if its not getting a signal from the CAS, then it wouldnt know the engine is turning, so wouldnt set a code....

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Despite all we know (me having had one, you having one) about the 75 I still found myself toying with my checkbook at a selection of un registered 75 CDT Tourers in my local dealer... 13995 seems to good to waste...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp