9-5 gas mileage?

4 cyl. or V6, manual or auto, sedan or wagon, etc. City and highway. Also US or UK units if talking gallons.

???

Thanks,

Matt O.

Reply to
Matt O'Toole

4 cyl 2.3L LPT sedan, USA. 25-27 MPG, 100 miles per day, 80 of it highway, 20 city. Driving "enthusiastically".
Reply to
Dave Hinz

9-5SE Auto 2.3L turbo 4. Country 7 to 8 litres/100 km, depending on terrain. City 11 to 14 litres/100 km, depending on traffic.

I have had one country trip Goulburn to Sydney all freeway 250 km at speed 110 kmph, where I averaged 6.4. But Goulburn is at 1200 m elevation and Sydney on t5he coast, so it was mostly downhill :-).

Normal city driving I generally average 13, and the main route I use is pretty congested with lots of stops and traffic lights.

--=20 Regards, Peter Wilkins

Reply to
Peter Wilkins

9-5SE Auto 2.3L turbo 4. Country 7 to 8 litres/100 km, depending on terrain. City 11 to 14 litres/100 km, depending on traffic.

I have had one country trip Goulburn to Sydney all freeway 250 km at speed 110 kmph, where I averaged 6.4. But Goulburn is at 1200 m elevation and Sydney on t5he coast, so it was mostly downhill :-).

Normal city driving I generally average 13, and the main route I use is pretty congested with lots of stops and traffic lights.

Reply to
Starman

Yes, that sounds about right, Starman - I get a bit less because it's auto.

conservately,=20

Actually my foot is like a feather! The problem is that almost all my city driving is short trips of 5-10 km and the car never gets warmed up. If I do longer trips around the suburbs, I get 9-10 l/100km.

--=20 Regards, Peter Wilkins

Reply to
Peter Wilkins

V6 auto 18-20 mpg around town. Long trips are mid-20's.

Reply to
Brent Riggs
9-5 Aero wagon (2002). Driven "enthusiastically."

City: 22-23 mpg. Tons of 4-5 mile trips. Highway: generally 28-30 mpg when driving 80 mph for hours.

Reply to
Gary Fritz

In the UK we drive our cars mainly on *petrol* ( petroleum ).

Kits are available to run your vehicle additionally on LPG ( liquified petroleum

*gas* ).

We also call sedans - saloon cars and wagons - estate cars !

Pls try to avoid US-centric speak. The Internet does actually extend beyond the frontiers of the USA ! Dunno why you US guys made your gallons ( and tons ) smaller than ours either !

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

UK or US gallons ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

UK or US gallons ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Haha !

I expect that metric stuff will really confuse the Yanks !

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Yes, we know.

OK, and???

Yes, we know.

I don't care if someone posts in English, USA'n, Dutch, Danish, or anything else here, and if someone's request for information is in a dialect other than your native dialect, you are welcome to disregard it if you are for unfathomable reasons offended by such.

Take it up with someone who died centuries ago. The question was reasonable, the language was understandable, and some of us see linguistic differences as interesting and something that adds charm, rather than something to complain about. alt.english.usage might be a group that would entertain discussion of the topic, and if you feel strongly maybe a visit there would be entertaining or interesting to you.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Yeah, because we can't whip out a calculator and do division, is that it?

Why the attitude, Graham?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Well said, Dave. It is interesting that Graham wants others to avoid "US-centric speak" and instead wants everyone to bow to him and his customs.

Reply to
Walt Kienzle

US

Reply to
Brent Riggs

US. 23 miles per US gallon = 0.102 liters per kilometer.

Reply to
Gary Fritz

Nah, us Yanks are too clever for that. Just pop into Google, enter 11 liters per 100 km in mpg and Google will obligingly inform you it's 21.383144 miles per gallon.

And it was a bunch of dense Yanks that came up with that nifty tool, Graham.

Reply to
Gary Fritz

Yes, I find it ironic that Graham wants us to avoid "US-centric" speech. We are presumably to replace it with "UK-centric" speech, which would somehow be intrinsically better?

The original poster was most likely in the US, since he asked about "sedans and wagons" rather than "saloons and estates," so I'd say answering in the same dialect would be most appropriate and polite.

Whereas nitpicking on peoples' perfectly reasonable posts would be considered inappropriate and impolite.

Reply to
Gary Fritz

Hey, the british empire died yonks ago, are you still dreaming of ancient glory? I can understand his requirements, why can't you?

And why are both of you still stuck with outdated gallons and tons of whatever size when you should have gone metric?

--=20 Regards, Peter Wilkins

Reply to
Peter Wilkins

what gallons? US or UK.