9000 screen washer question

My 9000 is suffering from the usual leaking non-return valves on the washer system underneath the reservoir. I can't remember the layout of valves under the wheel-arch but I've got a feeling there's more than one valve in there - possibly a 3-way plus one other. Haynes manual doesn't show this detail, so does anyone know what the layout is please to save me stripping the wheelarch liner out once to check and then again once I've got the replacement valves? I have read that these valves can be repaired by judicious use of a condom, but as I'm unsure of the cars religion I would not want to cause offence, so will probably buy knew. :o)

TIA

Reply to
Pidgeonpost

You are correct. There is one 2-way check valve and one 3-way check valve under the reservoir. I forget the exact plumbing scheme but the

3-way splits the fluid from one pump to the windshield and headlights and the 2-way is for the other pump which goes to the back window.
Reply to
Malt_Hound

When I replace the 3-way valve (have not had any 9000 with rear wiper) I remove the bottom right plastic panel that is easily accessible just by lifting the right front. You need to remove five or 5 or 6 easily removable M6 bolts plus the one connecting to the inner wheelhouse. The latter is often rather full of rust and could be difficult to remove as the inner wheelhouse is also plastic and thus really soft. However, in case of damage there are backups to attach the lower panel to the wheelhouse by simply using a stainless steel screw for wood or something similar.

When the lower panel is removed you see the valve and the exchange is rather simple.

No need to repair the valve, it is a 2 dollar part, buy a cople of them as they are also used below the left hood ejector.

Reply to
th

....thanks for the tips folks. I have replaced these on my earlier 9000 but the memory let me down on the detail...

Reply to
Pidgeonpost