Chipping Saab 9000 CSE Turbo

I'm about to buy a 1995 model Saab 9000 CSE Turbo. I understand that the engines can be quite easy to chip but not quite sure how to proceed. Does anyone know any good companies in the UK that might be able to help?

Thanks.

Reply to
Alan

"Alan" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

Hello Alan.

Check the link:

Maptun is one of the swedish tuners, who knows the most about Saab's - very serious company.

Reply to
Henrik B.

Thanks Henrik - I will have a look - if any country knows how to tune Saabs it's the Swedes!

Reply to
Alan

...you could also take a look at

I did wonder about chipping my 2.3LPT a couple of years ago but bottled out because of insurance issues. Oh, and domestic pressure :o(Many companies are now aware of the practice of chipping, and (not surprisingly mebbe!) increase your premium accordingly. Of course if you 'forget' to tell them and subsequently have a claim, many are well enough clued up to find out for themselves, and the insurance is void!After 6 years I now accept that the car is plenty quick enough for me as it is - but then I'm one of those old gits over 50!

Reply to
Pidgeonpost

How old do you think Erik Carlsson is these days? And he is still on the testing team.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

"Pidgeonpost" skrev i en meddelelse news:drloga$8da$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...

I would NEVER concider Abbott, since they're ripping/stealing Maptun's software!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Henrik B.

in article 43dfc7bc$0$187$ snipped-for-privacy@dread11.news.tele.dk, Henrik B. at saab@_NOSPAM_tdcadsl.dk wrote on 31/01/2006 20:25:

That's not the first time I've heard that said. That, and Abbott are certainly very expensive for almost anything and it seems that the "Abbott" badge is like a "Hilfiger" in car terms. It's a pointless "I can afford it" label.

Maptun is certainly more highly spoken of.

I wonder whether the software for the 9000s and beyond could be "opened" in the way that the likes of Anders and Widde (of 900 Aero dot com) have helped open up APC? It can't be too hard, can it?

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

...I'm not in a position to recommend either company or their products, as I've tried neither. I usually like to do a comparison of products, prices, and services offered before parting with my money. I suggested the Abbott web-site purely as a source of information for anyone wanting to do such a comparison. So, has there been some legal action regarding the relationship between Maptun and Abbott products? Pretty strong stuff to accuse a company of corporate theft on a newsgroup Henrik!

Reply to
Pidgeonpost

"Pidgeonpost" skrev i en meddelelse news:drqfd5$clc$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...

Correct.

I don't believe so, as I don't think Maptun wants to waste money on a cross-country lawsuit.

Reply to
Henrik B.

...some pretty impressive looking Saabs on the Maptun web-site!

Reply to
Pidgeonpost

"Pidgeonpost" skrev i en meddelelse news:drr0u7$s9q$ snipped-for-privacy@news6.svr.pol.co.uk...

Yes! How about Frederik's 9000 2,3 CSE(Maptun employee) - 590 Bhp!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Henrik B.