Official videos of the new Saab 9-5 (IAA Frankfurt 2009 + official commercial).

I absolute abhor this car - I think it is so full of design faults and just does not hang together at all well. That said, those propeller wheels are FANTASTIC!!! What an utterly cool design 8)

Reply to
PJGH

"PJGH" skrev i meddelelsen news: snipped-for-privacy@l35g2000vba.googlegroups.com...

I believe you have to see it in real life... ;o))

Especially when moving...

Reply to
Henrik B.

No hatchback - no sale

Reply to
Bob(but not THAT Bob)

"Bob(but not THAT Bob)" skrev i meddelelsen news: snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com...

There won't be a hatch - but there'll be an Estate...

Reply to
Henrik B.

But I'm not a farmer...

Reply to
johannes

Nice enough car, but cumbersome large. I understand that it is now over 5m. The only reason for the length I can see is marketing; it has to be longer than the mondeo and insignia underlings.

Reply to
johannes

"johannes" skrev i meddelelsen news: snipped-for-privacy@size48965857433fitter.com...

And??

Reply to
Henrik B.

"johannes" skrev i meddelelsen news: snipped-for-privacy@size48965857433fitter.com...

Interior space, safety and better ride...

Reply to
Henrik B.

Looks like the suspension setup still needs to be sorted on prototype. See happens later in video on the track.

johannes

"johannes" skrev i meddelelsen news: snipped-for-privacy@sizefi565757444tter.com...

Any pointers, coz' I don't see any problems...

Reply to
Henrik B.

The fast cornering when on the track looks a bit untidy.

Reply to
johannes

"johannes" skrev i meddelelsen news: snipped-for-privacy@siz774327242efitter.com...

Have you seen the curve and surface? Sportscars will show the exact same bahavior...

Reply to
Henrik B.

The car is probably too soft for this track, but that is always a compromise. I prefer my road car to be compliant rather than overtly sporty sprung. Think of the usage of the car in most situations. Some luxury cars have settings for different suspension modes.

Reply to
johannes

"johannes" skrev i meddelelsen news: snipped-for-privacy@siz774327242efitter.com...

And so does the new Saab 9-5. :o))