1994 SL2 Automatic Seat Belt Electrical Problem

I finally replaced the frayed cable in my automatic seat belt for my

1994 SL2. However, it still does not work. It will only pull the belt towards the front of the car when the door is opened. It will not pull the belt towards the driver.

The motor turns both ways when +12V or -12V is applied. There is a

+12V reading when the belt is going away from the driver, but nothing when it should be -12V going towards the driver. The switches appear to be good as they switch from 0 to infinity in resistance when opened and closed.

Does anyone know what the problem would be or where I can look? I was thinking that perhaps it is an issue with a relay, but I don't know how to diagnose it or even test it once I find it.

I need some help here.... feel free to email me directly at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com. Thanks.

-Keith

Reply to
Keith