air filter

Has anyone sucessfully replaced the screen filter section of an original oil bath air cleaner for a WCFB carbureted 259 cu in engine with a paper or K&N filter so that the air cleaner housing was still original but the innards were up to date??? I know it can be done when you find the right paper filter because I did it on a '57 Chevy back in the late '80's.

Reply to
dwcars

pardon my igrnorance......but let me ask: what's wrong with an oil bath/is a paper element better?

granted, the Stude version is more of a pain to get at than those that just sat on top of the carb.....but they all seem pretty effective - lots of goo and gorp whenever I clean them.

Reply to
Itsfrom Click

Reply to
dwcars

You could just soak it in a big bucket of kerosene when it gets all gorpy. Of course, then you have a bucket of dirty kerosene to dispose of...

nate

dwcars wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I can think of one a one match solution..........

Mark

Reply to
Mark Dunning

Reply to
Malcom Gillette

You better check your hood clearance. I'm not so sure it'll fit.

Reply to
Jerry Forrester