Jimmy Carter's first car was a 48 Studebaker, owner wants to donate to Carter Center

Name calling (or pulling the race card) is the favorite tactic of liberals who have lost or are losing a debate. I've never seen it to fail and he proved it but once again...

JT

Lee Aanderud wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Jeff...Your comments did not ask the question I wondered ?? IS this very car the one and only one that the EX President used or did someone else use it then blame it on poor Jimmy Carter ?? for tax savings ??...So how do they/us prove this was really the one owned at one time by Mr.Carter ?? wasn't he in the Navy back then ?? and could he even aford a stude then ?? More questions than answers !

So I think if they give the car,whatever the reasons, they should deliver it as well to the museum door !!

PS...As Jeff was unually for him short***** on this topic,I think he has moving/packing stress for which we can all agree will make anyone be a bit short******.......just my opinion...

Lansing

Reply to
Lansing Small

Good for Jimmy Carter! He did one thing right in his life...he owned a Studebaker.

George H. Bush also owned a Studebaker but I'd be willing to bet that there won't be one donated to his 'museum' (library) anytime down the road. I'd rather see the funds go for something more tangible than to provide free transportation to some else's Philanthropic gesture to gooberville.

Reply to
Loy Daniel

All that is true but at least you can't say he didn't make a difference!

Jeff DeWitt

Grumpy AuC>

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

Yes! In the negative direction... Just what we need..

JT

Jeffrey DeWitt wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I thought George H's Studebaker was in his museum. Some where I saw a picture of it and an article that included B B Hollands name. Ronnie Scheller, Marysville, Kansas

Reply to
57hawk

Well...if that's true, by golly... ol'd Jimmy should have a Stude in his museum as well. They should put a Studebaker in every Presidential museum...Clinton needs one with a drop-top and stains on the seatcovers.

Reply to
Loy Daniel

Yeeeeeeeeeee...... Dat's C-O-L-D!!!

JT

Loy Daniel wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I was at the auto museum on Petit Jean Mountain last weekend, its where Clinton's 67 Mustang convertible currently resides.

the top was down, but I didn't see any stains on the upholstry.

someone did cobble in some round JENSEN speakers in the rear seat fender panels.

other than that, its a very nice original car

Reply to
betrtimes