Need V8 starter parts...

I need a set of brushes and thrust bushing (on the tip of the housing) for a Prestolite starter (V8).

Anyone have or know of a source?

TIA

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

You can get these at your FLAPS. Echlin (NAPA) # for the brush set is A520. The drive end bushing is Echlin (NAPA) # 5289. I just got some a year ago. Fred

Reply to
Fred Buchholz

Wow! This is fast service!!

Thanks Fred...

JT

Fred Buchholz wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I got over to NAPA this past week and sho'nuff, they're available. I was quoted $5 and change for a set of each so I decided that I might as well get three sets at that price. I prepaid the order which would be delivered within two weeks without a charge for shipping. This job is on my "to do" list, not a pressing need.

Well, I got a call yesterday that the minimum order was for five sets which is still OK due to the cheapo price. Unfortunately, I will have to reset the order in person early next week.

My question is, what kind of bearing is on the commutator end. Is it a ball bearing or just a bushing as is on the drive end? (Prestolite starter)

I might as well be well stocked...

TIA

JT

Fred Buchholz wrote: