Trip To Wisconsin

Had a very nice trip up to the Steven's Point/Wisconsin Rapids area yesterday... Got to visit with Stude lover Jay Stone (Hey, Wisconsin for those who have met Jay) and bought a nice little '59 HT...

It appears to be a nice, damn near rust free car with 60k miles on it. Had one repaint 9 years ago, one owner (basically).... "grandma" bought it new and I bought it from her grandson who is 60+

While it is not perfect and the interior shows some wear, I really like it...

259 4-barrel auto reclining bench seat radio (push button with fader control) electric windshield washer option clock appears to have TT tissue dispenser EARLY car... 59V1266 with body nubmer 187

Take a look and tell me what you think....

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

If you go to Steven's Point, make sure to go to the "Point Brewery' and take the tour.. Neat place. Jeff

"Lee" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Reply to
Pat Drnec

NOW you tell me

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

I was considering a buy and sell... I just put 20+ miles on it and I have to tell you, Pat, it makes the '64 Cruiser you bought from Debbie seem like a used-up old turd

I've already found a few things to fix and will put some time into the paint, interior, going thru the mechanical end of it and such... It may still leave in the spring but, then again, it may stay here for a few years too.

I have one Stude Dude who is interested in the car and, if he wants it, I'll part with it immediately. If not, I can see that a few well placed thousand dollars will take this car close to a very high-end hardtop.

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

Hell, I'll trade ya - I always liked the 59 look better... did I tell you the 64 has AC now?

Might be a nice vacati> I was considering a buy and sell... I just put 20+ miles on it and I

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Ahhh, ya Hoosier... Any chedderheader knows that the Point Brewery overbydere is beer Mecca in 'sconsin ... Jeff ( Land of cheese curds and pasties..) rice

"Lee" wrote.

Reply to
Jeff Rice

... and I like the '64 better than the '59! It's awful tempting but if I brought the Cruiser back home, Debbie would be up to three Studebakers and that is just plain silliness

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

Well, I guess I SHOULD have stopped in there... Since I made it to 'the point', 'the rapids', Port Edwards and Nekoosa, it would have rounded out my tour of the area and "The hardest working river in the world"

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

Heh... You could adopt me and solve all dilemmas.

Meanwhile, don't forget about my block off plate, 259 sidedraft carb to bellcrank linkage and whatever the third thing was...

JT

Lee wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Reply to
GTtim

I wasn't thinking (as usual).... I left Saturday morning bright and early and had to complete the 950 mile round trip by 10 AM today... I had intended to stop at Jay's for an hour and it turned into 5 LOL... ended up with very little sleep and lots of miles.

One of these days it is going to slow down enough for me to make these

2 or 3 day trips and do some visiting along the way.

The car is nice... not perfect, but nice. I think with $2k to $3k put into the car, it is going to be a real sweetheart.

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

The bracket for the air cleaner... I'll know in the morning when I get out to the barn.

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

Yeah and one of these trips back to ND I'm going to take 3 days instead of doing it in 33 hours... only stopping to sleep and shower. I've got most of my stops already figured out... I remind myself as I drive past them everytime I head that way.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Reply to
GTtim

I made the run from Fort Wayne 'back home' to North Dakota for well over 30 years, 25 of those years as the driver.

It is amazing that I can travel 900 miles each way a few times a year and know exactly which exit is coming up (that I never take), where the old cars are sitting in tree claims (that I never stop to look at) and how, every time I say to Debbie that we should stop here or there and see what there is too see. Unfortunately, we don't do that.

We stop once at Racine at the rest area, Black River Falls for fuel, once in Minnesota at a rest area and top off the fuel in Fargo before the final leg into Valley.... We really are creatures of habit.

The excitement of going 'home' keept us from stopping on the way up there because we really wanted to get there... on the way home we were rushed because we wanted to stay as long as possible and enjoy every possible minute with the people there.... Now that everyone up there is buried and in the ground, we don't make the trip but I'd still like to see some of those places I've passed by well over 100 times...

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

Yep, I wonder how many more times I'm "going to stop one day" at the restored P-38 Lightning "Glacier Girl" museum, South Bend, the windmill guy outside of Minneapolis, the tractor salvage yard outside of Fargo, two or three huge antique malls/villages along the way that I really need to stop and walk around, etc. Plus the other places that are just off the route that I need to find.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Friday at 0:dark thirty I left the home base and drove to Rockford Il....probably passing Lee going the other way ...just to look for parts in a very cool (as in unheated) abandoned warehouse.Drove back home same day.Other than 1 gas stop in Rockford it was pedal to the metal.

Bob40

Reply to
Bob

Reply to
jab-ph

It sounds like you travel like I do... On a mission! Get there and get back...

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee