Wanted: 1964 4bbl air cleaner

I have the correct air cleaner for my '64 289 4 bbl. What I'm looking for is something on the style of a racing air cleaner. Problem is: the

4 bbl throat that I have is 4 1/8", and the modern air cleaners that I find are 5 1/8". My purpose for switching air cleaners is for better breathing. It seems to me that the small opening in the original air cleaner is just too small, and I don't want to go cutting holes in it just to create better breathing. I have done some checking around to find a more modern racing type, but every thing has a 5 1/8" opening. One person suggested making a big flat round plate that would fit over my carb and yet hold the bigger air cleanter. Not sure if I can do that because the choke assembly sticks up a bit. So I'm not looking for anything fancy. Just a simple standard round air cleaner, perferably the bigger round type. Suggestions? thanks
Reply to
Pckstude

I believe there are adapters, check mr. gasket online or maybe edelbrock or you could use an R2 carb hat and fabricate a cold air intake :)

nate

Reply to
N8N

I have what you want in stock.