2003 Service Manual Identical To 2004?

I have purchased what is supposed to be a 2003 Forester service manual via ebay (CD version).

What I have ended up with is a 2004 manual, within a folder labeled 2003-2004 Forester.

There are no references to 2003 models at all, at least as far as I can find.

When I wrote the seller about this, he stated:

"The 2004 manual applies to both 2003 and 2004 models, since the only difference between 2004 and 2003 Forester is the arrival of the turbo charged model, which has its own section."

I have a hard time believing that there is not a single difference between the 2003 and 2004 models. Is every setting still identical? Are the 2004 emission settings certified for a 2003 model?

Has anyone here seen both the 2003 and 2004 manuals? Can you verify if the manuals are identical (other than the turbo section)?

Thanks,

Al

Reply to
Big Al