99 OBW Alarm question

I recently had some body work done on my OBW. Since then, when I open a door while the car is unlocked in my garage or parked outside, the alarm goes off. If the car is locked and I hit the remote first, it's fine. Whgen the alarm goes off, I can shut it off by hitting the remote. Of course, if I could remember to hit the remote before I opened the door, it would be fine, but I always forget. Somthing simple to fix? Thanks for any help

Reply to
Mike Cook

Not sure but one possibilty is that someone connected an optional 'auto-arm' feature. My '03 supposedly has some connectors below the door threshhold that will engae that function if connected. Watch the next time you leave your car and see if it arms itself when the last door or when the driver's door is closed. Also, check the manual to see if there is that type of function available on the car. just a guess

Carl

Mike Cook wrote:

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan