'04 OBW Center Console Question

Could someone with an '04 OBW check something for me? The center console transmission shifter light- does it indicate which gear you are in? I know there is the display on the dash, but we recently noticed that there is no lit-up indicator on the shifting console. Is it burnt out, or was there none to begin with? Thanks.

Reply to
Owlyn

It seems to me that there is no light on mine, I will look at it tonight when I go out and repost but am 99.9% sure it is unlit and has been since new.

Reply to
Jeff

I checked it out, the strip is lit but there is no gear position indicator on the console.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Jeff

Yes, thanks very much! At least you have confirmed what I have suspected- my memory is faulty :) There really should be an indicator there, IMO. At least for reverse.

Reply to
Owlyn