Aftermarket radio

I recently put in an aftermarket radio/cd/mp3 player in my '98 Impreza. I had to tap into a "hot" non switched wire for the memory presets. I found one in and around the headlight wiring under the dash. When I tapped into one of them and ran it to the radio I found out that my parking lights were on all the time. [even when off] So I disconnected it and picked another. My question is [because I wasn't paying attention when I started]: Does Subaru automatically have the running lights switch on with ignition? I get the dash and all of the running lights every time I fire it up now. Is this normal or do I need to find another hot wire?

Thanks

Reply to
mbjj

Tony Hwang