For the guy who also had the dimming mirror failure. . .

Yep, what you described is happening to me. It's been a week since I posted. The dim section no longer looks like a Jesus Fish. The midsection of the fish has disappeared and now, it's shrunk to a small circle on the right and a small oval in the middle. Soon, it will shrink down to nothing and I'll be left with a regular mirror. Very annoying!

Reply to
Debra Co

Yeah; I figure that a seal is failing, and that the liquid crystal layer is drying from the outside toward to the center.

If you want to replace it: these mirrors often show up on eBay, and wind up selling for about US$ 100. I never really liked the autodim feature, so I replaced mine with a manual day / night mirror (also found on eBay) for about US$ 10.

Either way, the replacement takes only a few minutes. There's nothing wrong with your wiring harness; you can reuse it with a new mirror. Just make sure that what you buy uses the same base (glued to the windshield).

Joe remove double-zeds to reply snipped-for-privacy@mindZZspring.com

Reply to
JoeZZLevy

You can get a manual day / night mirror with the compass? I'd like to get one to replace my auto dimmer. Just not impressed with it. I sometimes wonder if it works at all. Very little diff when I turn it off. Mine is an 04 OBW. Not even 6k on it yet.

Reply to
pickle

Thanks, I may do just that (get a mirror on eBay and hook it up myself).

Reply to
Debra Co

Reply to
mulder