LS430 Self-Dimming Mirror

I have an '04 LS430, bought secondhand last fall. Sport suspension, no Ultra Luxury Package but otherwise loaded. It's as close to the all- around perfect car as anything I've ever driven.

I do have one gripe, however, and that's the self- dimming rearview mirror.

The problem is that if the mirror dims at all in response to the headlights of other cars, it's so subtle that I don't notice it.

And there's no manual override, only a button that turns the self-dimming feature on and off. I've taken to raising the sunshade to reduce the glare in the mirror when I drive at night.

Before I have the mirror checked out during the car's next trip to the dealership for service, I wanted to see whether this is a common complaint.

Any feedback from other LS430 owners out there?

Geoff

-- "Do you ever get the idea that our government is a bunch of left-wing undergraduates come to power?" -- Jay Nordlinger in National Review

Reply to
Geoff Miller

I've had the auto-dimming rear view mirror in 3 LS and a Sequoia and have no complaints about the function. Make sure that the sensor hole in the face of the mirror is clean.

Reply to
Ray O