Signum mirror not dimming

Now it is getting darker, I have just noticed that my dimming rear view mirror has stopped dimming, and the little yellow spotlight on the gearstick is not illuminated. I have 2 possible sources for the fault that occured in the lighter months:

1) New windscreen fitted, possibly connector loose or wire snipped. 2) Software update, mechanic turned option off.

The thing is, the rain sensors still work, so is number 1 possible (connector on at an angle or 2 connectors)?

So, has anyone had a software update and found the dimming function stopped working, or does anyone know of any common mistakes by the window fitting blokes?

Also, how do you open up the lump behind the mirror for me to check for number 1?

TIA

Bob

Reply to
bobsmith652

Most likely No.1 The cover unclips, but I can't remember exactly how.

Everythign in that area is connected via a plastic ribbon cable (don't think ribbon cable is the proper name for it, but my minds gone blank), and given how hashy some window fitters are, they've probably dislodged something, or damaged the cable.

Reply to
moray

I got Autoglass out - can't find nything wrong with the ribbon cables. He got the ultrasonic panel off just above it, and the ribbon was fine that far.

Is it possible the ECU (I also noticed changes in the trip computer) software "update" was a downgrade?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith

It was a fuse, and they didn't charge me!

Thanks for the replies.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith