Friend finds a gem

Friend of mine just picked up a '99 Outback Wagon Limited, for $10k. This is a beautiful car, with just 33k miles, no dings or dents, and the interior is like new. I'm jealous. :-)

Anyway, the radio has a button for a CD changer, and I found the changer under the passenger seat. Neither he, nor the dealer, nor the original owner knew it was there...because it has never been hooked up! This is the real Subaru changer. Two questions...any idea how this could have happened? And, are there any wiring instrux out there so I can help my friend hook it up?

-John O

Reply to
JohnO

John, should be a matter of finding the right connecting harness and instructions for that model. Your dealer should be able to research that and order it from Subaru. It was likely a Clarion brand radio head unit (that's what I had in my 99 Forester), so you would need a compatible cable. The HU probably has a CD changer port/jack on the back for the connector cable. I am even thinking maybe a car stereo place (like Best Buy) might have the right parts and be able to hook it up for your friend.

You might also try posting this message on Edmunds and some other places where there are lots of Subaru readers. Maybe someone out there has the actual instructions for that MY and could share it with you.

Good luck! -Karen-

Reply to
Karen in AZ