Legacy

How is the Subaru Legacy vs. the Outback. I am shopping and they say the Legacy is cheaper. It is between the Outback Sport, Forester X, and the Legacy. Help if you can. I am a first time Subaru buyer. Money is a problem.

conrad

Reply to
Conrad Fox

The Outback is basically a Legacy with 1" higher suspension. Same mechanical drivetrain and most of the other parts are the same. It's just trim and some body cladding that makes it an Outback.

Reply to
Alan Peterman

You might be as well to be a bit more specific as to which cars, you are looking at and where in the world you are looking there seems to be a different naming policy according to location. in the uk we can get a Legacy and a Legacy outback but i understand in diffferent parts of the world impreza outbacks are available Derek

Reply to
Del

From a Subaru Salesman in the USA

speaking of the 2004 legacy 35th anniversary (in NE no base L's are available) vs the OB

The Outback will have 2" higher ground clearance accomplished by 1.2" of suspension and 10mm of tire sidewall difference. Both have 16" alloys but the OB tires are also wider. 225 vs 205

Powertrain: The OB has a Ltd Slip Rear Differential Lights: The OB has 4 beam headlamps and larger foglamps OB Trim Package, Lower Plastic Cladding Often Two tone, Cross rails, cargo tray, mud flaps, rear bumper rubberized, AWP Heated Seats, Larger defroster mirrors and windshield wiper deicer, WB on the radio

The 35th Legacy has Double moon roofs and a leather wrapped steering wheel.

All Subaru's drive great in the bad weather as well as cornering. The only reason to get an OB is for the image and higher ground clearance.

Bang for Buck, TS Wagon.!!

Marc Soloway Natick Subaru Sales Natick, MA

Reply to
Marc Soloway