2.2 performance

Any common mods to 99 impreza 2.2? thanx. andy

Reply to
andy

lighter crank pulley.TG

Reply to
TG

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Do any of these "tuners" post results from their dyno. runs on their websites?

I don't think any "bolt-on" mods will net much...you need to change cams and/or go with forced induction.

Reply to
Verbs Under My Gel

It depends on what you mean by 'performance'.

It is unlikely you could get more than 10% improvement in power to the ground with aftermarket mods. Those would include, intake, exhaust, lightened pulleys, lightened flywheel. Some of those mods also come with potential problems - CELs, ruined MAF sensors etc.

Now, chassis and suspension mods and better,possibly smaller, tires, will make cornering much more fun.

check the forums at

,
&

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

andy wrote:

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

I sure THINK I feel the difference....much more than I hoped for. There is still a lot of rotating mass on the crankshaft...it revs faster at idle but still has engine braking effect. This kinda depends on how you race/drive. I should have mentioned the ground wire kits. Couldn't believe the difference that can make. TG

Reply to
TG