Panel lights activated by brakes!

Member 'TG' posted an interesting item a while ago that said his panel lights were coming on dimly when he applied the brakes. A number of us chimed in with suggestions about the possible cause of the problem.

Hey, TG! We're all waiting to find out if you solved it. Satisfy our technical curiosity!

Reply to
BBB

Have not found it yet. Replaced all the bulbs in the rear and cleaned up the grounds I could find. Too many vehicles to work on and I do work 6 days a week but I'll get back to it and let you know. TG

Reply to
TG

I can see from the variety of messages that you're posting that you certainly have your hands full.

If it happened even with the bulbs removed, then this points to an interesting sneak path that has some resistance in it, as evidenced by the dimness of the panel lights. It's not just a short.

TG wrote:

Reply to
BBB

I just have too many high mile cars...Subarus and others. Now concentrating on important maintenance and repair...hope to figure this one out some day though. TG

Reply to
TG