Instrument Panel Lights

Just recently, in my '92 Camry, my gauge lights went out. I thought it was a blown fuse, but I checked all of them, and they are all fine. Is there a bulb that is for the dashboard lights that is also for the air-conditioning and gear indicators? Thanks.

Alejandro.

Reply to
AEscalante

There are multiple bulbs for the instrument panel lights. First check the instrument panel dimmer to the left of the steering column to make sure the lights are not turned off.

If there are any aftermarket accessories like a theft deterrent system, remote starter, audio system, etc. installed, check the connections.

If there are no aftermarket accessories installed and the dimmer is not turned off, check for voltage coming out of the dimmer. If there is voltage out of the dimmer, check the bulbs.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks, Ray, again.

I had them switched to off.

Reply to
AEscalante

You're welcome! Glad to hear it was something simple.

Reply to
Ray O

I'm not going to impugn Mr. Escalante's intelligence, because I am quite sure we've ALL been there at one time. But I heard some years ago that fully 50% of service calls for appliances (tvs, sewing machines, microwaves and the like) are because the item was not plugged in! The usual excuse is that someone wants to run the vacuum cleaner, so unplugs the tv to use the outlet, and forgets that the tv is unplugged. Then, of course, there's the blonde whose computer doesn't work, because she plugged the power strip into....the power strip. : )

Reply to
mack