Thanks, AAS for 3 more miles to the gallon!

Yup, the old "poor gas mileage around town" complaint. I was getting

14-16 MPG. The dealer did the 'no codes' dance. After reading about the engine temp sensor possibility here, I had a more convenient shop change it out "to humor me".

Today was refuel time. This tank gave me 19.5 mpg. It also runs better.

Thanks guys!

Reply to
nobody >

Can you be more specific on what "engine temp sensor"? Is the the coolant temperature sensor?

Thanks...

Reply to
Scott Nevin

There are two heat sensors, one for the temp gauge and the other to feed the ECU. I'd assume both monitor coolant temperature. I had the one feeding the ECU replaced, maybe there's a better term for it.

Update on this, last tank got 22.5 mpg with half freeway at 70-80 mph and the other half city driving/stop-go freeway. I've still got things to work on but this has been a considerable improvement.

Reply to
nobody >